Friday, April 20, 2007

I haven't posted much really because I don't have much to say! The Virginia Tech shootings has made my mind just race the past few days. I posted a tribute video above it's just so sad. I can't imagine having your child enrolled in school which is ultimately the "safest place" for them and then to receive a phone call saying they were shot in class. I've thought alot about what a sick world we live in that we have other kids in highschool believing they can out do this sicko. Because of all this, I've thought maybe homeschooling doesn't sound like a bad idea after all. I thought about it when Alex was little but then went ahead and sent her to a small public school in a very small town. When we move, she'll be going to a much bigger school district in a metro type area. This now scares the living shit out of me.

This jerk used a 9MM and a 22. Back in January 1999 I came home to find my dogs who had escaped from their pen were shot. One was dumped in the country she died instantly & someone found her then called us and the other was shot twice in the neck and stomach. He had emergency surgery and lived through the ordeal. When the Dr told us he'd been shot by a 22 I about fell over. Our Dusty was 120 lbs and barely survived. Dave actually owns a 9MM so I pulled it out the other day to see what the bullets looked like. I don't know why I guess maybe to see what pain these poor kids had felt. The bullets are about 1/2 as long as my pinky and I took this picture.

Other than watching TV 24/7 about VT, not much else has been going on. It's terrible that tragedies like this are what brings the nation together. It kind of goes along with the whole Nickelback song If Everyone Cared. My heart goes out to the families though. I wish I could hug them all!

1 comment:

Rhea said...

I know...it's all so sad. I pray for those families as well.