Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What's Going On in There?

Well something is definitely up with Alex's ears again. I've talked about this on here several times but Alexzanda has had chronic ear infections ever since she was 6 months old and had her first. Usually 6-7 a year. So many that she is actually supposed to be on a daily antibiotic called Sulfatrim but I hate giving her medicine daily if she's fine. Her Dr hopes that with a daily dose it'll will keep ear infections away. He has always said he doesn't want to put tubes in her ears and I'm not sure why.

So yesterday was the Ear check ups at school and again I got another referral to an audiologist. She failed both times. The past few weeks we've had to scream at Alex to basically get her to hear anything. Not only is it annoying but it's sad because she really can't hear us and will say "what?"over and over. This has been an on and off again thing for years. Well the nurse says that she has scar tissue built up on one side and so much wax on the other she can't see in to see what's going on. We took her to a ENT a year or so ago and they took huge wax built up on the drum off it was really gross. Unfortunately this is not wax you can just reach with a Q-tip.

So I'm going to call the hearing coop here in town first before taking her back to the ENT. The scar tissue has me worried if this could be from all the ear infections? I'm not sure but I'm worried.

2 comments:

Sara K. Parker said...

Wow, that sounds awful. I would be worried, too. So, after the last ENT appointment, they just said it was wax build-up, and nothing else wrong? Keep us updated.

BTW, one time I got a fortune cookie that said, "God will give you everything you want." Talk about God speaking through fortune cookies. haha

Rhonda said...

I hope you get is all figured out so that Alex can hear what is going on. Let us know what you find out.