Luckily I have only 1 girl with hair and myself. Boys if they get this, you just shave them off it's as easy as that. Girls though, especially with longer hair is where these boogers love to hang out. At this point I've found a few nits under Mia's ear and a few on the back of Dominic's neck BUT nothing else other than that. For the rest of their lives in the house, I have vowed to do this weekly on all the kids before it gets out of control like Alex's hair. Part of the problem with Alex is she wants to be grown up. She's taken showers for years and this school year she started doing her own shampoo and conditioner herself and then for the most part combing her hair since it was cut short. Mia''s hair being so short we'll see a bug travel and the nits are easy to spot so I'm not too worried about her.
Everyone has been so supportive. We missed gymnastics Tuesda and then Dave and I didn't help with Awana but left Dominic and Alex. He told the pastor's wife what was going on and how we were de lousing the house and she said we needed to get that done before worrying about helping there.
Here's what we have done so far.
- sprayed all the carseats and interior. Still need to vaccum them.
- sprayed all stuffed animals
- washed all pillows in scalding hot water/dried on high heat
- washed all bedding off of 4 beds in scalding hot water/dried on high heat
- washed and dried all coats in the closet
- threw all daddy's work outfits in the coat closet out for CINTAS to clean
- vaccumed all the carpet (daily)
- sprayed 2 couch and loveseat sets
- vaccumed the couch and loveseat sets
- washed all brushes and combs in scalding hot water with rubbing alcohol
- contacted Dave's cousin who did Alex's hair at the wedding, contacted my sister to search her girls hair, contacted my other sister who slept on my couch at Thanksgiving.
If you have been there, done that and I am missing something I SHOULD do, please let me know. This is just physically draining. Two minutes after hitting the sack, I'm asleep. My eyes hurt, my hands are dried out from laundry, picking and washing my hands so much. Sure everyone says I'll get through this since they've been there, but picking Alex's hair and still finding things makes me wonder.