Tuesday, April 07, 2009

So Far So Good

Went to my 1st appointment yesterday. We did a urine sample, blood pressure, weight, a lovely exam, and blood work. She wants to do a few betas and then will I guess figure the best time to do an early sono. This way they can date the baby better but I'm pretty sure with only having 2 cycles 20 days apart since Sophia's birth that I probably had a short cycle of 28 days making me 6 weeks. Those tests just turned too quickly last week for me just to have found out.

I was alittle worried my OB would be upset seeing me pregnant already but she was great. Everything went well until I got undressed and on the table, then the girls started getting crazy in the double stroller screaming and crying. Oh joy! They took forever making it worse!! I ended up pulling Sophia out and on my lap and nursing her with the paper thing on my legs and the cover thing on my neck. That was talent I tell ya!! lol I will be going there until 14 weeks and then we will transfer somewhere else for the rest of the pregnancy.

My step sister apparently told my mother I was pregnant from seeing some things I had wrote on facebook. I guess I got too comfortable and figured no one would blab. She's been calling and coming over trying to get it out of me but I keep telling her she must know something I don't. lol! She was saying what an awful thing it would be if I was pregnant again IN FRONT of my 9 yr old niece yesterday when she came over. We don't have room, I can't keep up and how I don't need a Brady Bunch. So anyways I'm avoiding my mother for now and she can keep calling and I will be doing dishes, baths or changing poopy pants. She is not happy at all that I am not telling her. All she wants to do is say "I knew it!" and then add all the negative things she can think of making this into a bad thing.

So if I have you on facebook and I am talking baby, it will be all listed under the notes where my family is blocked and can't read. lol! If anyone posts on the wall part I am removing it but then answering them by email so no one tracks what I've said. Smart eh? I'm smarter than my mom thinks I can guarentee ya that. I knew she'd try finding me on facebook since that's where Jennifer told her I posted my news at so I blocked her from finding me or my husband and I blocked Dave and I's friends so that if she did find me ever that she couldn't look at our friends. Jennifer is still on my list but I adjusted it so she can see only certain things. Hee hee!

So anyways i am waiting to hear back on my blood work and then we go from there on scheduling a new sono date. She wants to make sure we see a beating heart at least. I started taking my temperature even though I did not do that at all the past few months just so I can make sure I have a steady high temperature. So far since finding out it's ranged from 98.2-98.6 so I think we are good so far!

4 comments:

Justi said...

Glad to hear that all went well with the 1st appt. But, that sux about your sis telling your mom before you!

Kris said...

Glad your first appointment went well. As for facebook... I avoided saying anything (or tried anyway don't think I did) that could give it away because I knew you weren't telling and had no idea if any family is on there lol. I know if I am, I'm keeping it off facebook for awhile too. I'm sorry your mom heard though!

Jen said...

awesome news about the appt. Sorry your sister blabbed!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I am glad that your doctor was happy... that would have been terrible if she made you feel bad... and again-- forget your family and their bad vibes, keep up the good feelings...