Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I made it! Quick Update.


I'll post a complete birth story later but wanted to give a quick update. I had my surgery yesterday and it went very well. I do however have to go home with a cath. Percreta was right diagnosis. It was attached to the bladder
but only got into the muscle of it. It was a strange surgery totally different
than my other 6 c-sections. First they had me angled on my side and then my
body was in the air but my head was low. I was awake the whole time which was 3
hrs. I wish they would have put me to sleep but I did nap during it. I
received close to 3 liters blood is what they said. They were awesome and
constantly telling me how things were going. They did the c-section,
hysterectomy, bladder repair, and umbilical hernia repair so I am big time sore
but I got up at 12 hours and hve been all day today. The only bad thing with
surgery was I ended up having the spinal/epi wear off at the end and felt the
staples put in. I was not happy and screaming at them. lol. I had already been
given a 2nd dose and since we were basically done they didn't want to give a
3rd.

Gianna was born perfectly healthy at 34 wks 3 days at 6lbs 2.5 oz and 18 in long
with her 2 vessel cord. There was about 20 people in the OR to work on us both.
I got to spend about 1 minute with her before they took her away for testing.
It was 12 hours before I saw her last night. They wouldn't bring her because of
all the monitors so after 12 hours I got my butt up to go see her. I have big
babies so seeing her so small just had me in tears. Today she was removed from
everything and she is rooming with us. Because of a nasty snow storm we will
probably be here Thursday. They don't want us driving the hour home with bad
roads. So there's a quick update!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Glad you are alive and well!! LOL, 6 lbs 2 oz is such a great size for a 34 weeker! That is how big my second girl was at 37 weeks. Can't believe she is doing so well without O2 and gets to be in your room. You are so blessed!! Congrats lady :)

Crystal said...

Yay! Been waiting to hear something-Such wonderful news!!!!!!!!!

The Merry Band of Fife said...

Congratulations Sabrina! I'm glad that things turned out to be okay.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

yay prayers worked. I am so happy to hear this wonderful news. Doing the happy dance for you.

Can not wait until you are home. Way to go Momma and welcome to the world beautiful baby Gianna.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

just checking in on you....not like you are busy recovering or anything ;-)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Wow! Seems like every time I wander over here you have had a new little one to share about! Congratulations and I am so happy that everything went well and you both are healthy!