Tuesday, August 09, 2005

First Day Back to Work

What a day.... is about all I can say. I woke up this morning at 5:30 with Damien screaming to eat. This was his 3rd night to sleep 8 hrs so I'm really happy with that. After he ate and went back to bed I took my shower and prepared for a day of chaos. I hurried and did 2 loads of laundry, made my bed, worked on dishes, cleaned my front room all of this while tip toeing around the house TRYING not to wake any kids. Usually once the kids are up all housework duties come to a stop or at least a stall. Then at 7:30 I hear Alex coming up the stairs and at 8 AM Dominic woke up. The 3 I baby sit showed up at 9:45 and so began the trial run of starting to watch children again.

The day was not too eventful although there was some obstacles. Kayla (8 mths) cried pretty much most of the day. She would go nuts if anyone left the room and if she saw me leave she'd really freak out. She also wouldn't take a bottle since her mom totally breastfed her this summer. She chewed on the nipple and cried. Damien was bottlefed during the day because there was no way I could even attempt to sit 30 minutes to feed him with everything else going on. Dominic took a shoe and threw it at the kids missing them and clocking Damien in the head so there were plenty of tears from baby D. Dominic knew he was wrong though and went straight to the couch for time-out. Then at lunch time, that was the most stressful because I had a screaming baby who I couldn't feed because I was feeding baby food to Kayla.

Took Alexzandra to her gymnastics tonight. She's getting really good. I'm glad she's found something that she enjoys doing. While she did that I ran and got some grocerries. I have to make the most of my time since there's never enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished. After that I ran back and picked her up. I knew Dave probably wouldn't do anything around the house and figured he was probably crashed out. He leaves by like 6 AM every morning so when he comes home he usually takes a nap. Sometimes his nap will be 30 minutes, sometimes 2 hours leaving me to take care of everything around here.

How Dave spends his evenings after

Well enough of my ranting. I should probably get to bed so I can get prepared for my next busy day.

No comments: