Friday, September 16, 2005

Chunky Hotdogs and BBQ Beef

Just by reading that title you have to know it means something gross. Stomach Flu struck my house yesterday. The last kiddos I was watching left at 4:30 so I decided to hit Hog Wild Pit BBQ a place that makes awesome BBQ food. The kids wouldn't eat it so I made them hotdogs and french fries. Then at 6:15 Alexzandra and I took off for her first Daisy Girl Scout meeting. I felt strange there my stomach felt like I was going to get the shits or something. Just an odd feeling. I talked to a few moms while the girls did their thing with the troop leaders. They planted a tree in the Nickerson Park. When we arrived back home, my stomach was really not feeling great at all. I felt like someone was stepping on me and it was even making my back hurt. I told Dave I felt sick to my stomach like I may puke but maybe it was gas. I was like that for about a hour and then had the urge to puke. I puked up my BBQ and boy was it nasty! I hate throwing up infront of Dave but he always comes in to help me whether it's holding my hair for me, getting me a drink, or cleaning my mess. He's so sweet. I sat there for a minute and I said "I hope to God I'm not pregnant again!" He said he doubted that, it was most likely food poisioning. I threw up 3 times before going to bed at 10:30. At 10:30 I called K and K's mom and told her that most likely wasn't going to be able to watch her kids. I did this so she had a heads up and could find a substitute teacher.

I tried to sleep but my stomach hurt so bad and I think I woke up every hour. At 2:15 I hear Dominic and it sounds like he's puking so I jump up and run in there. Up near his pillow laid a pile of chunky hotdogs. My poor boy was still gagging so I picked him up and ran to the bathroom putting him in the bathtub to puke there. I had to take his sheet outside at 3 AM and spray it off with a garden hose, start a load of laundry, and get him back to sleep PLUS I still felt strange like I may puke again. I put him in his Barney sleeping bag on the frontroom floor and laid on the couch to make sure he was ok before i went back to bed. He started dozing so I went back to bed.

At 5:45 AM I get a call from K & K's mom saying that Kelsey threw up too in the middle of the night! I got out of bed to call the other mom I watch for but before I could even do that I had to puke some more. It took me 15 minutes before I could get out of the bathroom I just couldn't stop gagging. Finally called Tasha at 6:45 to tell her I wasn't going to be able to watch her son. She called me back 30 minutes later and said that when she went to wake her son up, he had obviously thrown up all over his bed too! It's spreading like wildfire.

Alex, Damien, and Dave are still doing ok but that could change at any time. This is the 3rd time we've had stomach flu here. We've had it once a year for the last 3 yrs! Right now I'm praying that Damien doesn't get sick since he's only 11 weeks old it could be really bad if he does.

1 comment:

Sara K. Parker said...

Oh, Sabrina, how AWFUL! I have not had the stomach flu in ages (knock on wood), but I remember it vividly. It's the worst kind. I hope you are feeling more like yourself very soon! Being a sick Mom is NOT fun.

Sara