Monday, August 28, 2006

Feel My Pain

This weekend was not fun at all. Not that fact that we didn't do anything, but the fact that I was in pain all weekend from these Varicose/Spider Veins. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to even move because it seems like when I do, more appear. I've had the one up high on my leg since Dominic and some behind my knee after Damien but they never hurt. Well this time they hurt like hell! Before I was just wanting to get rid of them because they look awful, now all I'm worried about is getting the pain to disappear. Saturday night I was hobbling around and told Dave it felt like I had a blood pressure cuff on tight on my leg. When you touch these spots they feel like a big bruise and are super sore. Thank God my left leg is in pretty good shape. Some minor spider veins but nothing major. I'm 20 weeks now and I can't see how I'm going to deal with this till the beginning of January. My appointment is Wednesday and I know the only thing my OB will say is wear support hose. Ugh.

The back side of my knee. This is the worst looking and most painful ones.This is high on my leg and the only one that is sagging out of my skin. It really doesn't look bad and is pretty small but you can see it there at the bottom of the pic.
This is at the bottom front part of my leg by my foot and the 2nd worse ones, quite painful here too.

And I guess Vitamin K cream reduces the appearance but it's so expensive on the internet. I'm not sure if it's available through a retail store but I need to find some immediately. If it doesn't work then I'll for sure do the surgery because my legs look like they belong to a 90 year old woman.

No comments: