Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Breaking Point

Well the inlaws are gone, I survived. I'm extremely glad that's over. Really I can't say much different then what I said below probably. His parents gave us a load of shit about this possible ADHD crap saying Dave acted no different than Dominic, etc. Well I'm not sure but was ADD and ADHD really a diagnosis back then in the early 1980's?? I finally told them today before they left that if they were here more they might see more of his problem. HA HA! So lets see, his mom did all her laundry before leaving my house, she changed 3 diapers in a week, she did the dishes twice, she swept my kitchen once. I actually did a log on how much they were gone. Isn't that sad? They left everyday with our spare vehicle for about 6 hours a day. They were never here past 7 PM when I got the kids ready for bed, never helped with anything and we were in bed at 10 PM and they wouldn't come back till 11 PM most nights. They really didn't do much with the kids at all. They took Dominic that one time but remember I threw a fit about it. Sunday I told Alex right infront of her "Nana" that "I bet Nana would LOVE to do some crafts with you." Oh that was FUNNY because once you mention crafts to Alex she gets all excited and pulls them out, etc and then she'll bug you to death till you give in and do them. So anyways they did some projects while Dave and I ran to Walmart and did our Sunday weekly shopping. I think we were both pretty disappointed they didn't spend more time with the kids, didn't offer to watch them on the weekend so maybe we could go out, or didn't help out around here more. His dad did a ton of our lawn work though so I do have to give him credit for that.

On to other things. I feel like I'm getting to a breaking point with Dominic. Today he got so mad at me for putting him in time out in his room and taking one of his trainsets (he pushed over Damien)that he tried attacking me but hit his shoulder on his captain bed because I moved when I saw his fists coming for my gut. I just about bawled when I got him to the van after Gymnastics. I put him in it thinking this would help with his attention span and although this is only his 2nd time, I think he's about to get expelled from it. They have an observation deck since they use the old racketball courts so we watch from above and he has no idea I'm there. They would ask the kids to sit and he would just run all around on the mats and then laugh as the teachers would chase him down. He wasn't paying attention and they kept having to repeat and show him things over which he wouldn't even really try to do what they were showing such as walking in big steps on the small balancing beam. When they acted like bunnies and walked on their hands and feet as bears, he had a good time doing that. The other stuff was just a big joke. There was one point where one of the two teachers pulled him aside and tried talking to him. He kept looking around, moving back and forth like a waddle while standing there and finally she said something to where he did look at her and nod his head yes. His class ends 15 minutes before Alexzandra's so he HATES that we have to sit and wait. I have to hold him and keep him occupied with magazines. He fought me to the car and by the time we got there I had a side cramp.

On the way home I had to listen to him thrash around screaming in the backseat because I turned the radio on. We got home and I gave him a granola bar which he refused to eat because he broke it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's very ANAL. He finally ate some of it after I said I was going to eat it and then he wanted to take a bath out of the freakin blue and got major pissed because Alex was already undressed and ready for a shower. It's usually a fight to get him in there. So now it's 8:30 and I'm praying he's asleep in bed already and not playing with trains. So that was the day and now I'm beat and need to go be a couch potato. Take Care!

3 comments:

Kristi Ann said...

Wow! Thats a lot to handle!! But I've said it before and I'll say it again!.....

you are my hero! lol

I don't know how you manage it. And I can't believe that your inlaws would have the gall to say soemthing about dominics behavior when they werent there half the time. You were MUCH better than I would have been! i would have told them straight up we werent a motel. How rude.

I really hope you can find what you are looking for to help D. He sounds like he is really acting out...and with the new baby coming soon...that has to be hard. i wish i could come take the kids off your hands for about 4 hrs, and let you relax....or go out with your DH..

if you are EVER in hawaii...the offers on the table! ;)

Kristi Ann said...

*whew* i thought it erased my comment since it took me to the "internet unavailable" page!

grrrrr

Rhonda said...

I am glad that the inlaws are gone and things are getting back to normal. When are they planning to come again?? I hope for you it is not any time real soon!

As for the gymnastics, I am not sure what to tell you. I hope you get things worked out with his behavior soon. It is not good for him or you. ((Hugs))