Monday, May 21, 2007

OMG!!! WHAT DID I DO!?!?!?!?!?


Ok My hair this month has been really driving me nuts. It was all falling out, now it's not but I've got so many gray hairs I decided to highlight it this morning. Ya know where THIS is going? So it's 6:55 when I start, kids are still asleep. 10 minutes into it the whining and crying starts from the babies. 30 minutes into it and time to rinse, I realize I think my hair is abit too long for this and now the babies are screaming. Calm them down, wash, rinse, repeat. Put towel on my head and pray to God it looks ok. Take towel off and about fall over from heart attack. Anyways- I expect to stay home and wear Do Rags for the next 4-5 weeks. (sigh) Maybe I'll post a pic of the top later if I'm brave enough. Let's just say I'm two toned copper and dark brown.

3 comments:

Kristi Ann said...

I did the SAME thing a few months back!!!

*laughing her butt off*

No, really, it's NOT funny..

I am just glad I am not the only one that does stuff like this!! :P

I want to see a pic!

Jess said...

Sabrina, this is an easy fix- just buy a box of semipermanent (washes out in 6-8 weeks) haircolor one level lighter than your natural hair color and put it over the highlights. The lighter shade will not affect your natural hair but it will tone down the copper/orange.

The bleach (or the developer) you used from the kit just wasn't strong enough to lift you past that orange/gold stage. It will be OK, just get something to tone it back down. I think Loreal makes something called Castings that will probably work really well.

Good luck!

Sabrina said...

Jess- thanks! I haven't had a chance to get to a store yet so I've been wearing fabric head bands or wraps. It's in big streaks on the top but then they just end! If I pull my hair back it doesn't look too bad. This color is the exact color I get when i get in a pool and my hair sundries. I told Dave I might as well spray peroxide in the rest to match it. LMAO I would never do that. It's a joke!