Friday, September 21, 2007

Pissin' The Night Away...........LITERALLY!

There was this online poll awhile back that I filled out on how old your boy was when you took them out of pull ups at night. Everyone answers made my mouth drop because alot of them had 5-7 year old boys STILL in pull ups. Almost all of them had talked to the Pediatrician and been told this is completely normal and not to worry till the child is 7-8 year old. I had no idea bed wetting with boys was so common and this totally freaks me out. Read this, this and this!

I boycotted pull ups about 1.5 months ago. I had been working on Huggies pull ups that I had bought with coupons and such for $5 a pack and I told Dave when they were gone, that was it! Well I ran out and so I'm washing his sheets about 4 times a week. This is so aggravating. Alex was in underwear by 2 and now here we are with Dom at 4.5 yrs and no end in sight. I

Oh believe me we have tried everything. No drinks after 6, peeing twice before bed, etc...nothing is working. If I get him up in the middle of the night....he stays dry, but really who wants to do that every night? So here we are pissin the night away and I just don't know what to do. Anyone have a kid wake up and walk backwards into the front room in the morning because they are hoping you won't realize they peed them self? Ugh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny because last night was Lorelei's second night without a Pull Up. I changed her sheets twice last night. She's not one to be dirty so I am counting on her fastidious nature to pull us through to being completely potty trained (what a thought).

Rhonda said...

Zaphillia was in pull up at night until she quit peeing on a regular basis at night. I didn't want to have to change the sheet every day!! But we were done with them when she was 3. Zach is just starting the potty training road. I hope you figure something out soon!