Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Small Update

First the answer of the below video is.... A Frog jumped on Mommy's head. Don't know where that came from but that's what he was trying to say!


I have just 3 weeks left. I keep thinking. I can do this. I can do this. Why does the last month or so have to be so hard? Before long though it will be all over and I'll miss having the little rugrat in there and be beggin for another. ;)

Life has been extremely busy. There was a reason we were casually hoping for a summer baby. September is not too bad but October starts a whole routine of craziness. The new year for 4-H starts in October so Alex has been working on her record book which is almost like a resume when it comes to 4-H. We started Awana again last week and it was fun to be back teaching the kids about our Awesome God! Brownies has been going great and I have 16 girls this year in my troop! They are spunky and full of energy. A bit overwhelming when your 9 months pregnant that's for sure. So far we've already earned a patch and made door hangers and designed purses. They all seem to be enjoying themselves. Alex will be starting another cheerleading deal at the highschool at the end of the month. We're off to a wild start before the baby even arrives.

In other news the pumpkin patch is looking horrible! This was my first patch so I'm a bit confused. The pumpkins are growing like mad, the orange flowers are bursting with color everywhere however the huge leaves are all starting to look dead. I decided that I'm going to invite all the mommies and kids from our church playgroup over to each pick a pumpkin so hopefully it continues to grow some more. Who knows with the way it looks at the moment. There's about 10-11 right now. We bought some apple trees this weekend in hopes that in a few years we'll be able to harvest some apples for cooking. My goal is to set up a small orchard on our property so we'll see. Good thing is if don't look so hot, we have a horse who will devour them. :)

I hope everyone is doing well. I have been lacking on checking on everyone's blogs because of everything going on around here. I always have everyone on my mind though when I'm not online. Funny to be connected to so many people and not know them in real life. Blogging is a wonderful thing!

4 comments:

Kristi Ann said...

LOL...things sound like they will be getting even more hectic! LOL

Huge hugs and make sure you TAKE CARE of yourself as well! :)

HUGS!

Jess said...

Sabrina, do you all have that week of cool, wet weather too? Blight or vine rot may be your problem. Or maybe the pH is off or it needs more nitrates in the soil? That can cause yellowing leaves. Hope the pumpkins keep going. I can't believe you are 9 months pregnant already!

Jen said...

WOW I cant believe its only 3 weeks away!! Take is easy girl!

Kris said...

I remember how slow that last month goes... I just read a post from my cousin the day before she had her baby (so post was Sunday lol) complaining about how ready she was & asking the baby to hurry... I couldn't help but think about how much I felt the same way at that point & now here I am looking forward to doing it agian. Is funny how that happens...

I can't imagine having as much on my plate as you do right now. I'm swamped just trying to keep up the house and plan one little bday party...

Oh, and I second the comments about taking care of yourself. Is important right now!