Tuesday, March 22, 2005

No Slowing Down For Spring Break Week

It's been almost a week since I've been on here last. Too much going on, not enough time in the day to write. This week, two of the girls I watch are absent because of Spring Break so I thought things would be less hectic without the 3 month old and her 2 yr old sister.....guess not! There's not a moment of downtime here. Yesterday, Kaelynn (2) showed up sick again and threw up in her pack n play and was screaming because her blanket was in my washing machine because it had puke on it also. This child is the blanket queen, ruler of her blanket. She wears it around her like a cape and if it's missing all hell breaks loose. It's attachment her mother, my sister, needs to seriously break or this kid is going to have issues next year with preschool. You can't be draggin a blanket around in preschool sucking your thumb. Finally my sister sends someone out to pick up Kaelynn and take her to the dr since her boss is a jerk and won't let her off. She has some respiratory problems again. Then, Corbin (2) is acting all cranky when his mother drops him off. GREAT! She found out her child has Acid Reflux and is still cranky during the day but it normally hits him at night. Well he was extremely tired so after crying for awhile he fell asleep right on the floor. I put him in the bedroom to sleep only to return and find that Dominic my son is missing. Instinct has me run for the front door and sure enough there he is in the ditch while it's pouring rain outside looking at the water running through our lovely country culvert. My screams tell him he's getting an ass beating when I get to him so he takes off running through our yard laughing because I have to find shoes and go catch him. What is wrong with my kid?? What am I doing wrong??

I'm starting to figure out one thing about boys. They are out to kill you. I swear I've had about 5 or 6 heart attacks and he thinks it's funny as hell. He's only 2 yrs old and at this age you'd think that he'd still be pretty dependent. This weekend Dave and I were in the front room and I noticed the gate to the kitchen was open which meant he could escape through the garage door since I didn't shut it. He did, and we went outside screaming for him. All the sudden Dave's face just turned to fear and I see Dominic across the street laying face down in the grass. It looked like he'd been hit by a car. His Dad got to him though and he jumped up laughing. I guess he was trying to hide from us by playing dead. My heart was pounding so hard when Dave took off running across the street. Then that same Saturday night we hear a LOUD bang of pots in pans hitting the floor after 11 PM and we're about asleep. We both jump out of bed to find that he has taken all my pots and pans out of the cabinet to get to the crayons and coloring books, taken a roll of TP and stuffed it in the toilet AGAIN, and got out Balmex diaper cream to put on mommy and daddy's toothbrushes. Usually we lock the bathroom door and kitchen gate so he can't get in the kitchen but forgot to that night. We also lock the screen doors so he can't escape in the middle of the night, our worst fear.

All these things that he does makes me seriously consider if I'm ready for another boy. Everyone says this one will be a complete opposite of his brother but I'm already feeling similar kicks all the time in my stomach that's got me thinking he's going to be overly active too. Everyday this week our little bambino has kicked the crap out of me so much that I can't see possibly how I'm going to do this for 15 more weeks! They are violent, sporadic kicks to my ribs and crotch all day. I'm hoping I can do at least one more sono before he is born because I believe this guy is big for how much pain he puts me through already at only 24 1/2 weeks!

Another joy this week being Spring Break is that my daughter and her cousin Madison are out of school and are here all day. Oh what fun! These two need constant activities because they get bored so easily and I can't find enough for them to do. (sigh) It's been raining now for 2 days and they can't go outside which makes it even worse for them. Maybe I should enlist them into housework duties??

1 comment:

S said...

I am exhausted reading your blog! I have no idea how you keep up with all those kids - you are my hero! I hope Dominic and Alexzandra can get out to play this week so you can get a bit of a break! xoxo