Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Blessed

Just so happens that today I got an early day from daycare and got to take my kids to the zoo and park to play. It was alot of fun, I miss doing it all the time like we used to. On the way home Blessed by Martina McBride came on and I was in tears! Ugh! Hate it when that happens but usually anytime I listen to country it happens to me. We won't even TALK about Let them be Little because that gets the tears really flowing. Dave walked in on me in the shower one day crying to that one and just laughed! He thought it was pretty funny.

How blessed we are this year after 2004 turned out to be a freakin nightmare. We lost 3 important people in our lives (Dusty our 8 yr old dog, Fluff our 10 yr old Cocketiel, and our baby) that we loved so much. I had 3 kidney stones in one year which a normal person usually only has one. It took 5 1/2 months for us to get pregnant again which seemed like years. We paid tons of money on medical bills of mine since I kept getting sick and no one could figure out what my problem was. It just wasn't a good year TILL I got pregnant the end of October.

2005 has turned out to be so much better. Alex is doing great in school, Dominic is, well....Dominic, and the little guy in my stomach is still there growing like a weed. Dave's doing great at work, he's doing great at home with the kids and I although I get alittle peeved when he won't help me with housework. We have been blessed, that's for sure. I can't even imagine life any other way except the way it is today. It'd be even better without all the daycare kids! lol

Blessed- Martina McBride
I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinking
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

Repeat Chorus

When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know

Repeat Chorus

2 comments:

jude said...

Sabrina - I love htat song. I bawled the first time I heard it. If this gets you choked up don't listen to the new one from George Canyon. I thinks its called "know my name" I'm not 100% sure. Its really sad. The one part of the song is something like this. My mom wants to dress me in pink paint my bedroom blue. They love me and don't even know my name.
I really cried then. I had to pull over.
I am happy that this year is going much better for you. I hope it continues to get better.
Love Jude

S said...

Thanks for making me cry! You know, we are all so blessed! I am so thankful that I met you through BBC - you have become a dear friend. I am glad that 2004 is behind you and that 2005 is so much better!
Love you lots!

Sheri