Monday, February 20, 2006

Dominic at School




I went to Dom's school for the first time today to give cupcakes to eat for his birthday. He saw that I was there but can you believe he pretty much ignored me the whole time huggin on his teachers. Figures! When I got there, I couldn't find him. His teacher said that he was in the swing. Swing? They have a therapy swing I think would be the correct name for kids with disabilities and he was in the netting swinging away. I guess they say it relaxes him and he is more settled down at circle time. Whatever works right? I watched them do the weather, sing the Good Morning song and dance around. It was nice to see alittle bit of what goes on. He acted really well I was impressed! I only saw him smack once at one of the teachers. He came home with a flyer saying Happy Birthday and a Happy Birthday hat.

3 comments:

S said...

Sounds like school is doing him wonders! Perhaps you should get a therapy swing for at home LOL

Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well at school!

Happy Belated Birthday to Dominic!!

Kristi Ann said...

Wish you had taken pics of the swong as well....i cant imagine what it looks like! Cant wait to get Sammy in school..he needs it so bad!