Thursday, April 06, 2006

Baby Jane Update

A few weeks ago I wrote about a newborn baby girl that was found dead in someone's backyard not even 2 miles from our house in the country. The person's dog had found the baby girl in the creek out here and drug her body to their yard. Apparently someone noticed a young 16 year old girl recently was not pregnant anymore and there was no baby so they called the authorities. This is not the first time this has happened around here. I went to school with a girl who did this too (buried the baby though) and her dad was a police officer who ended up resigning over the whole deal. You think these girls have other options but do they really??

Here's the deal. In the State of Kansas, if you are under the age of 16 and having sex, it's a crime and considered rape. We have a lovely asshole Kansas Attorney General named Phil Kline to thank of this. If he was in office 12 years ago, I would have been charged with rape, gone to a detention center, and had my perfect face posted on the sexual predator list for the sleeping with D and the guy I lost my virginity to because I was a year older than both of them. Now it doesn't end there. If the girl at 16 happens to find out she's pregnant and goes to an OBGYN, the Doctor has to immediately turn over her records to Asshole Phil Kline or they can be subject to jail time as well if they don't report a young girl pregnant. Same with abortion clinics, or hospitals. Consent here at that age doesn't matter, it's still rape. So much for patient privacy.

At 16 years old, I was quite the smart gal. I knew how to manipulate my parents, teachers, lie, I knew Kansas Laws. This girl obviously knew she had no where to turn. She's probably either deeply inlove with her boyfriend or maybe it was just a one night stand but she doesn't want the guy to get caught and she didn't want to get in trouble with her parents. I know my parents would have flipped if they found out I was having sex at 15.

So to Phil Kline and the city of Hutchinson I would say this:

Phil Kline, thank you so much for killing precious newborn Baby Jane. I would like to also thank your commitment to making underage sex such a crime that a 16 year old girl has no where to turn when pregnant. The city of Hutchinson residents know that young love should be punishable by state law and you should feel free to track him down, ruin his life and slap your incident liberties with a child label on him for the rest of his life. Way to go. I'm sure I'll enjoy admiring him on the Kansas Sexual Predator list wondering if he actually did rape a child or if this was just another one of your victims to your stupid law. I can't wait for the day when your 14 year old daughter tells you that she is deeply inlove with a classmate and having sex with him. I would love to see what she thinks of you when you stick him in jail.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Sabrina, I think you make some very good points in this blog. I hope Ella waits until she is older to have sex BUT being sexual is part of human nature. You can't legislate it out of teenagers. Instead of trying to keep kids from having sex (which all people are genetically programmed to be interested in since that is how we reproduce as a species!) we should be doing a better job teaching safe sex and helping pregnant teens by giving them options on how to deal with their situation. Teen sex is never going away no matter how much people wish it would.

S said...

WOW that law is crazy! WOW I am speachless!