Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Stupid Assvice

I received a phone call friday night from a good friend when I was feeding Damien and had Dave tell her I'd call her back when I was done. I was still feeling pretty congested and crappy so I fell asleep on the couch and forgot about calling her. I knew yesterday evening with her calling me again something had to be up. She wanted advice about her brother, who's pretty much turned into an alcoholic and she didn't know what to do about it. Her brother's buddy called her at 3 AM yesterday morning telling her to drive 10 hours to Dallas, TX before her brother ended up killing himself from drinking.

Stupid Assvice that kept me up all night regretting I said it: There's probably not much your going to be able to do about it. He's not going to stop just because you tell him to if you've told him that before. (which is what she thinks too)

Here's the situation. Another Sad story of War. Her brother is in the military, high ranking I guess, he went to Iraq when the war first started. Found out his wife was screwing around on him while he was there. He came back, she moved out. He got called a 2nd time to Iraq. Got back not too long ago and was told that he would not have to go back. Sure. SO he bought a brand new truck and a new house since he got some pretty good money from going overseas. He started sleeping with a gal (just for sex) who may have gotten pregnant on purpose and now she's wanting $800 a month Child Support. He also found out awhile back he's going back to Iraq for the 3rd time and he's pretty upset about that as well as his family since they didn't think he would be. It's just been one thing after another. He got really drunk the other night and ran his new truck threw a field and wrecked it. Luckily he didn't kill anyone, just did major damage to his vehicle. They hauled the truck off (no cops were called) so that this wouldn't get back to anyone and he wouldn't get in trouble with the military. So now he's sitting at home without a working vehicle and drinking all the time depressed with where his life is going.

His parents are here too so they have no idea about any of this. His friend is really concerned and begging Kat to do something. I feel horrible that i don't have more advice to give. You ask me anything about kids, daycare, animals and I would probably have some advice but for this I just don't know what to say. What should she really be doing?? Anyone??

2 comments:

Kristi Ann said...

Wow...thats got to be rough! But you really cant help someone who DOESN'T want to be helped! She can try having him stay with her for a few weeks (depending in her family situation) Maybe having someone around will straighten him up! Good luck to your friend! And keep us updated!

Deanne said...

I say just be a listening ear for her. You can give her all the advice in the world but in the end it is his decision. I hope the best for him and his family.