Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2 Weeks Old Already

Considering I've really only had about 6 days home now with Mia, it is kinda hard for me to take that she's already 2 weeks old. She is doing great though, a lot better than Mommy that's for sure! Even the fact that I didn't touch her for 5 days in the hospital she still knows how to breastfeed which is awesome even though I have like NO MILK. I am giving her a few oz a day I can pump but for the most part she's eating 3 oz every 3-4 hours. She's only waking around 3 and 6 am to eat now that we're home but at the hospital my gosh it was like 5 times a night Dave was up with her. lol It'll be interesting to see how she looks as she gets older because right now she looks like a complete copy of Alexzandra.

Before I ended up in the hospital, I was going to log our first few days home with her. It was so hectic around here that I didn't ever get to and then on the 14th was off to the hospital. I'm sure that it's been all the drugs since then, but I don't remember anything those first 3 days home with her and it really pisses me off. It's almost like this 2nd time home with her is the 1st. I hope I can do a better job of reflecting each day this time around.

My first day home alone with Dave back to work went rather well until around 3 pm when the left side back ache came back and I took some Lortabs which knocked me out on the couch. My Grandma and Mother came over and helped do some dishes, laundry, get Damien in and out of his crib for nap, clean other misc things around here. I did quite a bit too hoping that being up and around like they said would get this gas out of my stomach and quit the backaches. My Grandma left after Dave showed back up at 4:30. The backache didn't go away and I ended up having it all night even till bedtime. After the kids went to bed I had another bawl fest to Dave about the pain I'm in. I feel like I'm dying a slow death. During the night I tried the heating pad but by 4 am this morning I was in tears again and Dave put me on the couch so I could sleep sitting up. That seemed to do the trick because when I got up at 6:30 it was gone. My Grandma came and helped again today and so far just alittle pain is coming through but the Lortabs seem to be working at the moment. I was able to do a load of laundry, wash some dishes, get the kids off to school myself, and even give Mia her first bath.

So today I am doing better as long as we can keep these backaches from hell away. I think once I get through the pain of this, alot of these sad moments I'm having all damn day will be gone too. I am totally thrilled to be a Mom of 4, and even though things around here are a bit out of sync at the moment, after I get through this tough spot, I'll enjoy being a Mom of 4 even more.


Jenn said...

I don't think I've said it before, but CONGRATULATIONS!!

Mia is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's hard to believe she's already 2 weeks old. They grow up so fast (and I don't even have any yet)!

I'm so sorry about the pain you're in. I hope that you can find some relief and that it goes away quickly.

(P.S. You should be getting some boxtops in the mail soon.)

Rhonda said...

Sabrina- I am sorry you are still in pain. Sounds like you are doing a bit better than you were. I hope the pain is gone soon for you.

Mia is BEAUTIFUL! I am glad that she is still wanting to nurse and hope that you can get your milk supply back for her soon.

Take care of yourself!

Alison said...

Look how big that pacifier looks in her mouth! I forget how little they are.

I hope you're feeling 100% soon, and I'm sure then things will begin to fall into place and you'll adjust to being a mom of 4.

Kristi Ann said...



I bet you and Dave are both SOOO proud! (and Alex too!)

I love the pictures! Please keep us updated!