Sunday, June 03, 2007

I Asked Her Point Blank.

C: "As of today, I'm kid-less! My oldest daughter just moved out with her boyfriend."

Me: "Yeah....what ever happened to Amanda? Alex told me she moved??"

We haven't had any contact with them all this time till I posted THAT post. Then the flood happened and we ran into them at the levee. Didn't ask then. Then she got ahold of an Avon book of mine and wanted to order. I didn't ask then. It was today when I dropped off half of her order that the chance came up. We were talking for about 15 minutes or so when she said the above line about her daughter moving out. She was quite pleased being kid-less and all.

Now her response to my question which pretty much was what I had suspected. She gave up on her in my opinion. She was caught totally off guard that I asked, I think what made it worse was that Alex was right there. Basically she told me that Amanda was her neice that she took in. It wasn't until she was 6 years old I guess that they "think" she has Alcohol Fetal Syndrome. She said she just couldn't handle her "problems" anymore and they didn't know what to do so they gave her back to the system. I know they put her back in the system because you could tell that she herself didn't know where she was or how she was doing. Then came a long pause......................................................................................And she changed the subject.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I can't imagine having a child in my house and in my family for that long without forming some kind of bond or attachment that would prevent me from putting her back in the system no matter what problems she had.

Kirsten said...

Girl....I say it again, if you can afford it, go get that poor child! :)

Kristi Ann said...

that is just terrible! brings tears to my eyes!

It would serve that woman right to have to look at her every day playing happily at YOUR house....knowing she is a slime ball who gave up on a child.

Kudo's for bringing the subject up with her! Too bad Alex had to hear it.