Friday, November 09, 2007

Even Jesus Freaks Need To Have Fun

Wednesday night we had Awana and it was store night. YAY! All of Alexzandra's hard work paid off and she bought herself all sorts of and nice things. Cubbies are just given a gift which is great because can you imagine a 4 yr old trying to find the right prize with how many bucks he/she has? I made another kiddo cry and I was so sad for him but when everyone left and it was just me and him we worked on it together and I went ahead and signed off that he was able to memorize all the books of the New Testament. He only missed a few but I gave him like 6 helps instead of the two. I love hearing the kids pronounce different books. My favorite pronunciation so far has been Psalms being turned into "Plasams" and no matter how many times I try to tell this girl the right way to say it she still says "plasams." It's funny!

When we were done for the night and all getting into the van Alex noticed that when I went shopping the other day the carryout guy stuck the eggs on the back ledge where it's got a built in Kleenex box spot. I knew they needed to go in the trash so Dave got them from Alex and put them on his lap in the front seat. He said, "should we have some fun?" I just laughed because surely he wasn't serious. He was though and as we started driving he started aiming from street signs. We didn't aim at anyone's personal property, only street signs and trees on the sides of the road. It was so funny and I was crying from laughing so hard especially when one egg hit the ground after missing a sign and bounced about 5 foot back in the air. The older 2 in the 3rd row were saying "what's going on up there?!?" "what are you doing?" They didn't have a clue. So maybe once again I'm a hypocrite here but I'd like to think God would like to have a little fun in life too. ;)

4 comments:

Veronica said...

That's too funny about the eggs!! I'm sure God has a great sense of humor. How else can you survive?? Hey I set my blog to private (had some scary activity on it recently) so send me your email address so I can add you to the viewers list! vnandrew555@yahoo.com

Sabrina said...

I was wondering why it told me it was set to private all the sudden! I'll email you tonight!

S said...

I have never once been egging. I have pretty crappy aim I couldn't hit anything.

Now toiletpapering.....

Rhea said...

Sheri just left me a comment saying we should write a book on couponing! LOL. We should! Go read my latest post. LOL