Monday, April 07, 2008

Planning Another Family Vacation!

I have been looking online alot trying to find what we'll be doing this summer for our vacation. Being pregnant we won't be going too terribly far. Our original plan was to go to 8 hours to Corpus Christi Tx to the beach! I'm a Clark Griswold, I have way too much fun planning vacations and seem to drive Dave insane with all my wild ideas. Our trip to Colorado Springs we ended up going to Santa's workshop, Garden of the Gods, and Cowtown in a 3 day span. I had 3 more things on our agenda but we ran out of time. I figure if your going to be somewhere and you won't be back in awhile, do as much as possible.

I have not been to Kansas City forever so I'm pretty sure we're going to go there this year as well as our family vacation. I don't see Worlds of Fun being a load of fun for me at this time (pregnant) but as long as the kids are happy, I'm happy. I know I will be terribly sad though going and not being able to ride Fury of the Nile if they have a preggo restriction on it although I did ride some rides with the kids at Santa's workshop. (shhhh!) I can however enjoy playing at Oceans of Fun with Mia and Damien in the water. :) I figured we'd go by Union Station to Science City because the kids love kid museums and eat at Rainforest Cafe which I hear is similar to Casa Bonita's. (I love that place!) The kids have begged for 2 years now to stay at the Great Wolf Lodge so maybe one night we can arrange that if it doesn't break us. Last I knew it was a bit over $100 a night! Honestly though, family vacations are not about saving money. I look forward to having a great time with our family and seeing all the smiles on their faces from all the fun.

Anyone else planning their vacation? Where will you be going?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I have never been to Kansas City before. We will be moving this summer so I think we will just go camping for a couple days this summer. Have funn planning, that is half the fun!

Kate said...

I'm a planner, too. I always romanticize the locations we're going and map out the rides at amusement parks, etc. I spend months researching nearby locations or places you'll drive by. So far, it's all been worth it, but I'd hate to have one of those moments where I spend so much time planning a vaca and the kids hated it. That.would.suck.

I'm sure you'll have fun. We're in New England, so we have to travel pretty far to get places. I've spent the last two summers pregnant. Some teenybopper tried to warn me not to go down a kiddy waterslide when I was preggers with the Twinkeys. Trust me. When you're that round, there's not rolling on your side without adult male help...or a rope. hehe

Jennifer said...

I can't stand plannning vacations but I sure am excited to go!! We're headed to disneyland this thursday for 2 weeks!! To make it even more fun we are bringing our sons friend making it 6 kids 6 and under and my little sister (13). I can't think of anything better than taking a bunch of kids to the most magical place on earth!!
Good luck eith your planning!

Wendy said...

In KC there is a great restaurant in Union Station called Fritz. Your kids will LOVE it. Mine beg to go there when we go see Grandma and Grandpa. That and the Crayola museum. Have fun.

Jena9286 said...

I love to pack in as much as possible when we go places. Two years ago we went to the Black Hills in SD and have been to the Omaha zoo a couple of times. We are only going to the Minneapolis/St Paul area again this year. We are saving for a bigger vacation next. I would love to go to the Dells or Chicago next year. Anyway we will stay at a waterpark hotel, go to the MN State Fair which is a tradition since I was a MN 4-her, MN Science Museum, Walker Art Museum and of course the Mall of America. The kids love Build A Bear workshop.
We always do a lot over the 4th too at my husband's home town.
Whatever you do though have fun!

Rhea said...

Oooh, sounds like fun. Our big vacation this year will be Miami and next year it will be Europe! I also love to plan vacays!

Jess said...

If you come to KC let me know... It would be fun to meet up!