Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Am Sooooooo Not Done With This Deal.

I went on a bit of a shopping spree (with my gift cards) last night. Made some chicken fajitas at 6ish, Got kids showers and baths at 7, in bed by 7:45-8 pm. After getting the volume level down to a bare minimum I pulled out my coupon box and the sales flier for our Dillon/Kroger store since the sale ended last night. I was really slacking as you can tell doing this hours before the sale ended but I had been glancing all week at the flier so I knew what was on there and what I had coupons for. Well Kelloggs if you noticed in your Sunday paper came out with a Back to School flier with a huge amount of coupons on their products. They do this every year and this is my 3rd or 4th time to participate. Are you ready for this? After I send in the lovely rebate form above, the below products will be $4.62 ($1.62 of that is tax) I could have chosen cheaper items to make it totally free but these were the ones I chose for this offer. The Special K Protein bars were more expensive, I should have done the regular cereal bars. Anyways I have been putting the word out to family to give me theirs if they don't want it so I can do it over and over. (just have to send the rebates to their houses. ;)

Here's how I worked it with their sale prices:

Eggos $1.50x2= $3 - $1 coupon = $2 for 2 boxes

Rice Krispie Treats $1.50x2= $3- $1 coupon= $2 for 2 boxes

Nutrigrain Bars $2 x2= $4- $1 coupon= $3 for 2 boxes

Keebler cookies $1.50x2= $3 - $1 coupon= $2 for 2 boxes

Special K Protein Bars (for dh) $2.50 x 2= $5- $1 coupon= $4 for 2 boxes

$13.00 product

$1.62 Tax

----------

$14.62- $10 Rebate = $4.62

5 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Awesome! You are so good about doing that!

Sara K. Parker said...

First of all, awesome deals! Our Sunday paper subscription ran out two weeks ago, and I'm kicking myself for not buying a copy! I miss my coupons!

Second of all, TEN WEEKS??!!! Time really really flies. It's funny to me that I get to watch your third muchkin come into the world, and I've not yet met you. :)

Third of all, is school really starting? Or did I read wrong?

Sara

S said...

you are my hero!!

Kristi Ann said...

Love the new look! :)

And what GREAT deals...I wish we had stuff like that but our town in so small we don't hae Krogers or anything like that.

Its superwalmart, harris teeter or food lion. THOSE are your choices here! LOL

Hope the kids are well!~

Unknown said...

I love that you're even more of a freak about saving money and getting stuff for free than I am!

AWESOME!

And I can't believe you're 31 weeks pregnant! Weren't we just pregnant with our 18 month olds???

**sniff**